Stretch marks affect many people, particularly women, but some don’t know how, or why they form and what to do about them. The skincare experts at Bio-Oil have revealed seven top facts about stretch marks to help de-mystify this common skin concern.
1) Stretch marks are formed when the body expands faster than the skin. The skin tears, forming a scar as it heals.
2) The likelihood of developing stretch marks varies according to skin type, race, age, diet and skin hydration.
3) Stretch marks look like rippled lines that fade from red or pink to purple and fade to scar like streaks.
4) Those most prone to stretch marks include pregnant women, body builders, adolescents and that experiencing rapid weight gain.
5) Stretch marks are most often found on the abdomen, hips, thighs and breasts.
6) Stretch marks are permanent, but Bio-Oil and its special formula can help improve appearance with regular use which is why it’s the number one stretch mark product in 25 countries including the UAE.
7) Pregnant women are required to take extra care of their skin starting from the second trimester, and Bio-Oil is recommended by midwives and doctors worldwide to help reduce the appearance of stretch marks.
Bio-Oil is the perfect blend of science and nature and plant extracts and vitamins. It contains the breakthrough ingredient PurCellin Oil™, a light and non-greasy consistency that is easily absorbed into the skin. The unique ingredient mix including Vitamin A promotes the formation of new collagen and assists in skin renewal; Vitamin E protects the skin from damage and premature aging; Chamomile oil calms, soothes skin – creating a soft supple look. A combination of plant extracts and vitamins,
Continuous use of Bio-Oil skincare oil improves appearance of stretch marks, uneven skin tone and texture. It also supplements the skin’s natural oil layer, helping to restore its barrier function of retaining moisture. It’s best to apply the product twice daily, after showers or baths. Bio-Oil should be massaged in a circular motion into the scar. It’s ideal for daily use, as it does not clog pores and allows skin to stay well hydrated, offering the benefits of great skin every day!
Bio-Oil skincare oil is available in all leading pharmacies across the UAE, in different sizes, 25 ml retails for AED24.25, 60ml retails for AED47.25, 125ml retails for AED78.75 and 200ml for AED110.25.