If you have been looking for ways to maintain healthy skin while confined to your home, Rebecca Treston, Founder of The Rebecca Treston Method shares a simple daily routine to follow:
- Cleanse your skin. If you aren’t wearing makeup because you aren’t going to work, do not double cleanse. One cleanse is enough, because you don’t want to overdo it and eliminate all the natural oils from the skin.
- Tone with a gentle product such as rice water to balance the pH of the skin
- During the day, apply antioxidants such products that have Vitamins C &E, which will give your skin a glow, but more importantly, will combat any exposure to free radicals. Ensure you use a product that has Hyaluronic Acid to deeply moisturise the skin and follow this step with a skin-specific moisturizer to sooth your skin.
- In the evening, cleanse and use a mild acid toner to exfoliate the skin so that your skin can repair overnight. This will be a Vitamin A-based or Retinol-based product or something that has AHAs or BHAs, depending on your skin type. Moisturise with either Vitamin E or moisturising cream to help repair your skin.
- Use a weekly face mask suited to your skin.
Fresh air is important. If you are self-isolating indoors, do regular exercise to get the oxygen pumping around your body. By following a healthy diet, you can nurture your skin, mind and body all at the same time. And remember, use this time to reconnect with those you love as this will make you feel good.
Looking for other tips from Rebecca? Read this